Another watercolour from our member artist Margaret O’Toole.
This painting is of the sleepy Central Coast locality of Buff Point. The painting is of a view looking across Budgewoi Lake from the Toukley Bridge. Normally with this view one wouldn’t pick up the diversity of colour Margaret has found in this depiction of the landscape across the lake.
The northern part of the Central Coast in New South Wales is a beautiful and restful place with several saltwater lakes, although shallow, provide good vistas and excellent boating in sheltered waters.
I remember one still morning taking my own boat across from the far shore in the painting, south past the bridge and to the opening of the Wyong River, twice the distance again from Buff Point to the Bridge. On this morning the water was like glass and the boat was on the plane breaking the stillness of the water as it glided southward.
By David Holland
- Introducing Margret Ellem fine artist (habitatcentreforarts.wordpress.com)
- Watercolour Flower by Margaret Ellem (O’Toole) (habitatcentreforarts.wordpress.com)
- The Dragon – Margaret Ellem (O’Toole) (habitatcentreforarts.wordpress.com)
- Eastern Rosella by Margaret Ellem (habitatassociation.com.au)
- Margaret “Maggie” O’Toole and Ed “Crankshaft” Turnbull (kerrtoons.wordpress.com)
- Transport for NSW on Long Term Master Plan for Transport – Submission by David Holland (gallery2020publishing.wordpress.com)
- Transport for NSW – Submission by David Holland regarding the Discussion paper on Long Term Transport Planning for NSW (habitattownplanningforum.wordpress.com)